Health Advocacy Organization
The Leadership in Health Advocacy Electives
- MEDS 9002: Advocacy Panel Series Elective - A series meetings with experts in a particular advocacy area. The goal of this elective is to introduce various advocacy topics and their related policies/research to students.
- MEDS 9003: Advocacy Field Experience Elective - In this elective, students will be paired up with a community partner in an advocacy area of their interest to develop skills in advocacy writing and practical application in the Cleveland community.
- MEDS 9005: Health Care Controversies - This elective is a collaborative effort between the medical and law schools. This elective focuses on current and controversial areas of health law and policy and engages students to develop skills in policy analysis and ideation.
- MEDS 9008: Advocacy Workshop Series
- MEDS 9007: Advocacy Summer Project - This summer elective allows students to immerse themselves in practical application of advocacy work in the community while continuing to improve their advocacy skills.
- Summer HAO Grant
- Research & Service Projects
- Advocacy Day in Columbus
- Op-Ed Writing Workshop
- Community Volunteering Opportunities
* Note: Links may require CWRU login credentials or HAO elective student membership to access.